Recorded January 17, 2023
Integrated Solutions and Services
Please join us for a tour of ancillary products and services available through the Best Case by Stretto desktop platform to streamline your case management and petition preparation workflows.
- MyCaseInfo – Execute the client-intake process via an online questionnaire, eliminating the need for an in-office meeting.
- Credit Reports – Gain an in-depth view of a debtor’s financial history in one consolidated report and import data directly into forms and schedules, saving an average of 60 minutes of data entry per case.
- Bankruptcy Courses – Simplify bankruptcy-course management and help clients complete court requirements.
- Court Notices & Calendar – Simplify the CM/ECF process by automatically downloading PACER free looks, auto-populating and syncing bankruptcy events to personal calendars, and easily tracking Proofs of Claim.
- Legal Noticing – Leverage Stretto’s on-demand, print-mail options to decrease operational costs and increase productivity.
- Stretto Default Solutions – Utilize the Stretto DMM Portal to facilitate mortgage loan modification, student loan adversaries, and student loan management.
Prepare and Prosecute Student Loan Adversaries
• Identifying clients with student-loan debt scheduled in their petition
• Guiding clients to obtain their National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS) file
• Analyzing a client’s likelihood of success in a student loan adversary proceeding
• Preparing an adversary complaint from the existing template
• Populating, supporting, and delivering the DOJ required attestation form
• Tracking the adversary case upon filing
• Guiding the debtor through loan consolidation and Income Driven Repayment (IDR) enrollment
Recorded September 22, 2021
How to Build a Student Loan Management Offering
Student loan debt continues to make national headlines with a reform bill under consideration. However, there are student loan repayment solutions available to consumers now. This session will provide an overview of the nine federally-approved student loan programs and qualification factors.
Learn why leading bankruptcy firms are implementing student loan management service offerings and how to identify clients with an immediate need. The session will explain the difference between legal service delivery for clients inside an active bankruptcy and those who may not require filing.
• Understand federal student loan programs available to consumers
• View a demonstration of generating a qualification report and completing an application
• Leverage a recommended fee schedule and marketing materials
Access DMM resources:
– Create a DMM account
Recorded September 25, 2019
Maximize Your Investment: 5 things included in your license you can use today
Explore five ways you can maximize your Best Case investment with integrated features that simplify your workflow and increase revenue. Also, learn how expert training and support can help you get the most out of your software.
- Court Notices and Calendar
- Bankruptcy Course Manager
- Student Loan Analyzer
- OneTouch Electronic Filing
- Technical Support and Training
Recorded May 22, 2019
Discover how the Student Loan Analyzer can assist your clients with educational debt while providing an additional revenue source for your firm. Identify which student loan debt may be dischargeable.
Best Case Bankruptcy 27 is packed with updated features to streamline Proofs of Claim, enhance case management, pre-populate information and more.
Easily evaluate your client’s student debt, determine the best relief options and prepare the necessary options to file an adversary proceeding.
Recorded May 5, 2017 at the NACBA Annual Convention
Debunked: the Dischargeability of Student Loans
Not all student loan debt is created equal. Enhance your practice by assisting new and past clients with student loan debt. Explore recent case law that challenges this well-known myth and common scenarios that you will encounter. Learn how to simplify the process with a new tool in Best Case® Bankruptcy which can help identify next steps using built-in tools and documents. Plus, review the Jurisdictional Scorecard™ to learn the likelihood of discharging student loan debt in your area.
Presented by Austin Smith, J.D. and Bethany Lape
Recorded February 28, 2018
Think Outside the Box – Learn about ways to increase your firm’s revenue with:
- 722 Redemption Funding
- Tax Discharge Determinator
- Student Loan Analyzer
- Credit Assurance
Learn the steps involved with data-entry into the student loan analyzer. Add student loan details manually or by importing an NSLDS file. Use the institution look up to determine the cost of attendance and accreditation status for your debtor’s school.